Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My life... in memes. Can you relate?

I've become quite fond of memes. I even tried my hand at creating a couple, because I loved the quotes and no one else had thought to turn them into memes. My picture folder on my computer is filled with memes; some that I've posted on Facebook and Twitter, others that are waiting their turn. Then I thought, I can just share them all here in one place.

So, without further ado, I bring you... Motivation Overload!

(This is the second meme I've ever created. It's a line from one of my favorite Ben Taylor songs called, "You're Not Alone." If you've never listened to Ben, you should. He's kind of like dad James & mom Carly, but with his own little twist. I highly recommend his album "Listening")


(This is the first meme I created. It's from the Rollins Band song "Starve," one of my favorite workout and motivational songs. I created this meme the morning I ziplined for the first time. I'm terrified of heights and I won't say it was the most enjoyable experience, but I'm proud to say I completed the entire course  - and it was all captured on video.)

(Okay, this isn't really a meme - and yes, I want that bracelet - but I love the quote, which is attributed to Michelangelo. Quite simply: "I am still learning." He reportedly spoke these words when he was well into his 80's. I don't know about that, but I love the power in these two words. Confession: I first saw this quote on Ryan Whitney's Facebook page. It struck me for two reasons: 1. Simple yet powerful. 2. It gave me the impression that there's much more to Ryan Whitney than hockey.)


 (Truth.)

(I fall victim to this quote quite a lot. Sometimes, if I'm 100000% honest with myself, I may use this as an excuse to not pursue my passions. Sometimes, the noise comes from within myself - a loud, nasally drone that tells me I'm not good enough or too stupid to achieve what I want. Sometimes, that voice takes on the persona of Chris Farley's Talk Show Host character, who asks stupid questions, then berates himself nonstop. Those who are close to me know that I relate to this skit too much at times.)

(This was a quote on a Seahawk's Twitter page - I can't remember which player and I'm not about to go looking for it. Okay, maybe I will look for it, but not right this minute. Pretty self-explanatory- the quote, that is.
P.S. Okay, I looked it up. It's on Doug Baldwin's Twitter bio. )

(I heart Bruce Lee. He is so filled with wisdom. Forget about the fact that he can also kick my ass with just one toe. Yes, I realize I'm talking about him in the present tense. In my world, he still lives. My sister Kimberly gave me a book of wisdom and quotes by Bruce Lee. I carry it around with me.)

(So, this isn't exactly a meme, either - just a quote someone typed up in pic form. But the quote resonates with me in so many ways, I don't have enough space to list them here. I know I'm not alone, either. I know you're reading this quote and thinking, "Damn. I thought I was the only one who felt this way." You're not alone. Hopefully, this makes you feel a little better.)

(I don't know about you, but there's a soundtrack playing in my head all day, which makes this Shakespeare quote so apropos. When I was growing up, I used to annoy my mom because I'd sit at the dinner table, tapping out the beat to whatever song happened to be playing in my head at the time. Right now, "Starve" by Rollins Band is playing in my head, probably because I wrote about it earlier in this post. What's playing in your head right now?)

(When someone says you have a beautiful heart, take it as a tremendous compliment. Our exteriors don't remain the same as we age, but our inner light is what keeps us young.)

(I've been bleeding all of my life.)

(I've experienced miracles. In fact, it's a miracle I'm sitting here, typing this right now. I'll tell you about it one day. What miracles have happened in your life? Don't say "none." It's a miracle you're here, too.)

(This is SO full of TRUTH. Don't wait. Please. You never know what the next day, hour or minute will bring. As some beer commercial from the 70's used to say, "Go for the Gusto!" Then, tell me all about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment